We strive to provide early intervention that is family friendly, evidence based and individually tailored to each child.
Home Visiting Service
We are committed to providing a service which is convenient for parents and their children. Being in a familiar environment allows your child to feel at ease and hence a more efficient assessment and treatment session can be carried out. For a parent, a home visiting service is beneficial in many ways. It takes out the stress of organising a child’s routine around the appointment; cuts out travel time (hence you will never be late for your appointment); and also need not worry about finding a baby sitter for other siblings.
Each Session Consists of:
- Subjective Assessment – Series of background questions we ask the child / parents / carer regarding the history of the presenting condition and any relevant factors including medical history of the child.
- Physical Assessment – The type of assessment used will be determined by your child’s main concerns and may be one or more of the following:
- Treatment – Hands on therapy provided to address problems diagnosed during the assessment including:
- Soft tissue release
- Joint mobilisations
- Muscle re-education/strengthening
- Fitting orthotics/external supports
- Home Exercise Program – set of exercises for children to carry out between therapy sessions to maximise progress (often with their parents’ assistance/supervision depending on the age of the child)